Just a quick update....Went to the apiary this evening with 30 kilos of syrup to share between the 3 colonies. I also replaced the faulty roof on hive number 3 which Jo pointed out was letting wasps in to rob. I had one mouse guard which I was able to cut into two pieces to do hives numbers 1 and 2. Will need to order another one for number 3. I saw that the Apiguard that we put on hive 3 was gradually reducing - this will hopefully be all gone by next week when I will add a fresh one. Vey much winding down for the winter now. One strange thing I did notice....all of the bees seem to have a blonde Mohican at the moment - I think that Jo said that it was something to do with the Himalayan Balsam. Either way - I have punk bees!