I picked up a new colony of bees today from my bee mentor. The day was hotter than I expected it to be so the bees were a little cross to have been kept locked in all day. I'm always a little nervous when driving with up to 30,000 angry bees in the car next to me! I couldn't pick them up until around 2 pm. I assembled the breeze-block stand and opened them up to fly at around 3. There was an almighty fuss when I took the crown-board off - they were obviously very happy to be free again. I let them settle in for a few hours. When I went back this evening they were all calm again. I fed all three colonies using 2 of the new top feeders and an inverted bucket type feeder. Hive numbers 1 and 2 had both cleaned out the trays of Apiguard varroa treatment so I removed the empty trays. One or two wasps were flying and robbing but hopefully they are strong enough to see them off. All set now with 3 strong colonies ready to (hopefully) survive the winter.